Coronavirus: Information and guidance for OBC staff and students.

The College continues to monitor closely the situation following the outbreak of the coronavirus (Covid-19) and has created a page on its website to reflect the Government’s latest information and advice which we hope you will visit urgently.

The health and wellbeing of all our staff, students and visitors are paramount and it is very important than anyone who has travelled in the last 14 days from any of the areas specified by the Government ( should follow the advice.

You should immediately stay indoors and avoid contact with other people as you would with the flu, even if you do not have symptoms of the virus which include a cough, fever or difficulty breathing. We recommend calling NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to the area.

If you have returned from other high-risk countries (currently Thailand, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, Singapore, Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia) in the last 14 days you should follow the advice provided by the Government. Anyone showing any symptoms, however minor, should follow the advice here, stay indoors and call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to the country.

So that the College can ensure you are receiving the necessary support if any of the above relates to you:

  • If you are a student, please notify the Welfare Officer.
  • If you are a member of staff, please notify your line manager.

How to reduce your risk of coronavirus infection:

  • Frequently clean your hands with soap and water or by using alcohol-based hand sanitiser if washing facilities are unavailable (please note the College has provided hand sanitisers at all teaching locations and at the reception).
  • When coughing and sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a mask or tissue – throw the tissue away immediately and wash hands.
  • Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever and a cough.If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider.

Please ensure that you are registered with a local NHS general practitioner (GP).
The College will continue to monitor the situation and update the website, please ensure you take appropriate action and recheck the website or the Government’s website regularly.