Job Title: Receptionist
Responsible to: Head of HR
Responsible for : N/A
Date : November 2019
Working Hours: Full Time
The receptionist’s role is to ensure that all callers and customers are taken care of and manage front office. To give secretarial support to management and general help to students.
Administration and Support
- Answering Telephones and Door Buzzer
- Maintaining photocopier and other equipment
- Collecting and distributing post
- Helping with secretarial services to Academics and Admissions
- Checking emails and forwarding them to relevant departments
- Writing letters for students regarding bank accounts, holidays etc.
- Any other support as requested by Management
- General Receptionist duties. Staff room tidy at all times
- All Librarian duties: maintaining records of the new books in and out, quarterly report of books allocated and received back. Chasing any books unreturned by the given date
- To provide administrative support to the Senior Manager
- Making appointments on behalf of the Head of HR with internal and external stakeholders including partners, students and parents.
- To manage any email inboxes responding to enquiries as required.
- Supporting the Head of HR with any internal or external communication activities.
- To foster good relationships and advance equality of opportunity between different groups and eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
- To deal professionally with colleagues and external partners.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all the College’s documentation and information.
- To carry out other such appropriate duties that may be required.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (written and oral).
- Ability to input data accurately.
- ICT skills including Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Databases.
- Ability to organise and priorities work to meet required deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Confident in dealing with a wide range of customers.
- Previous experience of working in a customer service or educational environment.
- Previous administrative experience.
- Experience of Microsoft Office applications.