If I change my mind about joining the course after my visa is issued can I get a fee refund?

We are not able to refund your fee once your visa to the UK has been issued. When you receive the visa it is because you have agreed to follow the course. Please see the full refund policy in the terms and conditions document.

If I’m ill or an emergency stops me studying can I get a fee refund?

We’re sorry but we cannot refund course fees if you withdraw. Instead we’ll usually work with you to help you complete your course when you’re ready. We recommend you take out insurance against not being able to finish your course.

If I can’t get a visa can I get a fee refund?

We will normally return your course fee if your visa is declined. If, however, your application for a visa was refused because you were dishonest then we will not return your fee. In either case we cannot return the registration fees of £250.

To claim the return of your fee, send us a letter applying for a refund and the original visa refusal letter. Normally the fee is refunded within six weeks after we receive these documents. Please see the full refund policy in the terms and conditions document.

What documents do I need to send with my visa application?

If you apply for a visa, you should provide documents with your visa application including:

  • information about you
  • information about your finances and employment
  • details about your accommodation and travel
  • information about your visit to the UK.

If I sign up for a course does this guarantee my qualification?

You sign up for the opportunity to learn. Your qualification depends on how well you do this. You should expect to work and attend all classes to complete the course successfully.

Which Visa should I apply for?

This depends on your plans. If you’re visiting for less than a year then a student visitor visa is enough. If, however, you want to progress to level 5 and then university you’ll need a Tier 4 visa.

Short-term Study Visa


If you are 18 or over and you want to take a short course you might be able to come on a student visitor visa. This lets you come to the UK for 6 months for a course like work-related training, or up to 11 months for an English Language course. When you arrive we will stamp your latest leaving date in your passport. You cannot extend your stay beyond this period.

Tier 4 visas


You may apply instead for a Tier 4 student visa. For this you must be 16 or over, have reasonable English, and have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course. It is possible to extend this visa.

Our Admissions department can advise on the best option for you. Please call them on +44 1865 791908.

How do I know if my English is good enough for the course?

If you’re from the UK a GCSE in English is sufficient for OBC courses.

If English isn’t your first language, and you want to follow an HNC or HND university access course, you will need to have the UKVI IELTS test at the level specified for your course. Typically you’ll need an IELTS score of around 5.

However, if you aren’t at this level yet, or if you’d like to improve your English during your course, we can help. Just enrol on our Business English Language course with a student visitor visa.

Can I go on to university with my qualification from Oxford Business College?

Absolutely. Hundreds of students have used our HNC and HND qualifications to get into a UK university. Depending on how well you do you can get in at the 1st, 2nd, or even the 3rd year/top-up of a full degree course.

Indeed, one key advantage of our qualification is that you can use our accelerated study programme to get straight into the last year.

Ask for support from our experienced academic department if you’d like to apply to go to university after reaching your goals with us.

Search the Degree Course Finder to see where your Pearson qualification can take you.

Is there a graduation award ceremony?

Yes. The College holds graduation ceremonies in some of the most spectacular and distinguished venues in Oxford, where you’ll receive your certificate and pose for photos in your academic gown.

Can the College help me get accommodation in Oxford?

Yes. Our Accommodation Officer is responsible for helping arrange accommodation for students. For example, we have a purpose-built student accommodation in Oxford city centre you can rent. Look at our student accommodation page for more information.

How many hours of the week do we study at the college?

You should be in every class of each 10 week course. The teaching hours at the College are 15 to 20 hours per week; for example you may be following four courses and have 4.5 hours class contact time per week for each. We’ll try to keep these to three days, so you have the time you need to work on your coursework.

I find studying difficult. Can you help?

We believe that every student has great potential, we will make the effort to get to know you and adapt your learning so you succeed in your qualifications. We use small classes, a focus on employable skills and ensuring that you and your tutors work together on your assignments with a variety of approaches. If you participate fully in class and do well with time-management then you will get the qualifications you want.

What documents do you need to apply?

When you have completed the online application form you will need to send us these documents before we can make you an offer:

  • scans of the relevant pages of your passport
  • relevant academic certificates, e.g. degree/transcripts,
  • evidence of your UKVI English proficiency results
  • a CV or personal statement
  • an academic reference, such as a letter recommending you for study at this level

You can send these documents by email to admissionuks@oxfordbusinesscollege.ac.uk

If you’re an international student you may also need to apply for a visa. If you’re entering the UK without a visa the UKVI border control may ask to see documentation about your course, accommodation in the UK, and your finances for your trip. Bring as many relevant documents as you can.

How do you apply for a course?

Please fill out one of our online Application Forms and a member of our admissions team will be in contact.